Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Trendy Tot Tuesday: Rocking the Smocking

It's Trendy Tot Tuesday again, and guess what?! Today, I am guest hosting!


I'm not going to lie.... when I found out we were having a baby girl, I was thrilled. THRILLED. The clothes, the bows, the shoes; I couldn't wait to go shopping! And neither could my mom or MIL! They are even worse than me! But, isn't that what Grandmas do?!

Ever since Tinley was 6 months old, she has worn lots of smocked dresses and bubbles. A LOT. We discovered a Facebook website called Smocked Auctions  where they have auctions on the cutest bubbles and dresses. These are perfect for holidays and special occasions, and I just love them all! They even have swimsuits, and sets for boys. Although I live in Ohio now, I still love a good 'ole smocked dress, covered in ruffles and topped off with a monogram. So southern. So sweet. And, of course, when you wear an adorable dress, you HAVE to have a bow, right? I drive my hubby crazy sometimes with constantly putting bows on Tinley's head, but they're just so darn cute! After all, the bigger the bow, the closer to Heaven! That's what they say, and I'm sticking to it. 

With spring (hopefully) right around the corner, I'm dying to put Tinley in all her cute new bubbles and dresses. She can even still wear a lot from last year. Yes, she's tiny, but that's a good thing, because we're getting double the wear out of everything. For now, I'll leave you with some pics of our adorable little girl rocking the smocking. :o)


                        













Want to join the link up? We'd love to have you! 








Follow Kelly, Megan, and  Lindsayand link up your post! :o) 



This week's Tot of the Week is Oliver from "It's Always Sonny" 
 (www.itsalwayssonny.com)

Isn't he adorable?! I mean that bowtie. Those glasses. That hat. That gingham onesie. This kid is stylin'! 



  • Trendy Tot Tuesday is a chance to talk about kid's style, and pretty much anything goes.  Pictures of your cutie, talking about their style (that you buy and dress them in, ahem!), a Polyvore board, linking to the new kid's line at the Gap - anything!  All ages welcome, from you sweet pregnant mamas stocking up a closet to the teenagers that probably pick all their own stuff out now ;)  

  • This is a hop-style link up - please follow your hosts (Kelly, Megan, and  Lindsay) and our guest host, Kelly from Walkin' On Sunshine!! We are in spots 1-4.  Also, jump around to meet other bloggers!  We hope everyone gains some new followers from this link-up and finds some fabulous new blogs!

  • Please link back to (at least!) one of us, and feel free to steal our badge if you'd like.  If you're a tweeter or instagram-er, use #trendytot

  • Interested in guest hosting?  Please email Megan to get added to the list!

24 comments:

  1. Haha - my post started with my excitement for having a girl, too!!! Love it! And love that you are guest host. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ashley! I loved getting to do it! :o) Aren't girls the best!?!

      Delete
  2. Oh I LOVE some smocked dresses too! Facebook sales are the best place to get them. I'll have to check out smocked auctions, not sure if I'm a fan of them yet. We love big bows too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelsey! Aren't they the cutest?! Yes, you'll have to look them up! They have great deals and they're oh-so-cute! :o) Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Chrissy! I wish I could pull them off, they sure like comfy, especially on hot days! :o)

      Delete
  4. how cute! Breanna is tiny too so we can get double use out of some stuff as well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it great Cari?! She's adorable too! Thanks!

      Delete
  5. LOVE the smocking! Looks like we have the same taste!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who doesn't love it?! ;o) Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  6. Really love that blue bubble on the beach---precious! Love you title too hehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shawna, that's one of my faves too! It has her initials in hot pink too! I'm so glad she can still wear it!

      Delete
  7. I'm your newest follower. I'm a brand new mama to a baby girl--looking forward to reading :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following Kristin, you will have so much fun dressing her! :o) Congrats!

      Delete
  8. Oh. My. Word. So precious! I love Smocksd Auctions and actually linked up with a bubble I bought from there for my new niece!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they the best?! Too cute! Thanks for the comment! :o)

      Delete
  9. So adorable!!! Bubbles are my favorite, and bows are a MUST!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! YES THEY ARE! I love bubbles, nothing cuter! :o)

      Delete
  10. SO cute!! Smocked Auctions is a favorite of mine too!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so nice and fast, aren't they?! We've found that among all the Facebook sites, it's the best! Thanks for your sweet comment! :o)

      Delete
  11. Oh my word. Love it all. I'm going to have to check out that facebook page!! I just got Harper her first smocked dress and fell in love!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I love her! Sooo precious! And I'm totally checking out that facebook page. My husband will surely thank you for introducing me to it ;)
    Yay for co-hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can not get enough of her dresses, so so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  14. She is so adorable!! I found some really precious spring dresses for my baby girl at Barlington Coat Factory. I love their discounted prices-- and I can't wait to get pictures of her in all her new clothes.

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover