Monday, December 17, 2012

Tinley's First Christmas with Mamaw & Papaw

This past weekend, Justin's mom and step-dad came to Sandusky so we could do our Christmas. It seems weird, not going "home" for the holidays, either to North Carolina, where I'm originally from, or to West Virginia, where Justin grew up. But, nowadays, this is home. We have a great group of friends here, friends that are like family, and this is where we are raising our daughter. This has become our home. I guess the saying, "home is where the heart is" really is true. Anyway, we decided to spend Christmas in Ohio this year, so our families are coming to us. My dad and step-mom are coming up this weekend, and I can not wait to see them! They haven't seen Tinley since August, and I can't wait for them to see how much she's grown and changed!

Friday was actually Justin's step-dad, Bill's, birthday, so we went to one of our favorite local Italian eateries for dinner. We spent the day Saturday shopping and having lunch, and stayed in Saturday night. We ordered pizza from another one of our favorite local places, watched Christmas Vacation (Bill had never seen it! I'm not sure he's American...), and Tinley had her first Christmas of the year! Now, when I tell you that Justin's mom, Carma, has a shopping problem, I mean that in the nicest way possible. But, she has a shopping problem. I am not playing. But, she is so funny, and we laugh constantly when we're all together. Justin tells people all the time that he married his mother. He is so right! We are so much alike. That's probably why we get along so well. (I too, have a bit of a shopping problem, although it's gotten a lot better since Tinley came along). I mentioned in my previous post how lucky I am, and I'm going to say it again. I am so lucky. I have by far, the greatest in-laws. Ever. Anyway, we had a great time with them over the weekend, even though it passed by too quickly, and we, of course, snapped too many pictures. :o)


Helping Papaw open birthday cards Friday night


 Look at all that stuff!

 She went right to her baby. She kept hugging and kissing her!



 Her new WVU chair like Daddy's!

 Opening her stocking full of two of her favorite things, books and balls!

 Her new vanity

 Yes, she fell inside the toy box! It was hysterical, and I'm bummed I didn't video it. 

 Like I said... insane!


 Even with a cold, she's a happy girl!


 My favorite present!


Mamaw and Papaw's first Christmas!



I love this time of year! Happy Holidays! xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover