Thursday, May 2, 2013

Guest Post: Brandi from Brooklyn State of Mind

Hope everyone is having a great week so far! Our vacation is almost over. *Sigh* But, we can't wait to get back to our baby girl! She's probably learned her ABC's by now... 

Anyway, I am thrilled to share this next blogger with you. Her name is Brandi, and she is hilarious! Her blog is one of my favorites, and I know you will love her as much as I do! Did I mention she has the cutest little curly-haird daughter, Brooklyn, that's close to Tinley's age? I wish I could get together with all my blogging friends and meet them in person and see if they're how I imagine them all to be. I bet they are. Brandi would definitely be on top of that list! Maybe one day.... until then, I'll keep reading her blog. Enjoy! 


Hey y'all! I'm Brandi and I blog over at Brooklyn State of Mind.


While the beautiful Mrs. Kelly is off soaking up the sun in Cabo I am here to help keep you entertained.  Since I am suffering from severe vacation envy {and this is Mr. & Mrs. first big trip away from Tinley} I thought I would talk a bit about vacations myself.

Traveling is huge to my husband and I, it has always been a huge part of our relationship, I mean we did get married in Mexico. So when we found out that we were expecting our own little bundle of joy, we knew that we were going to have to get BK to adapt to traveling as quickly as possible. We took lots of little weekend trips with her, I think she stayed in her first hotel at just over a month old, but our first big trip wasn't until she was nine months old and we went to Jamaica. I have to say that leaving the country with your baby is really very easy if you are prepared. So here are my tips and tricks for traveling with baby.

{There's a sleeping baby under that tshirt}

1) Be prepared.
Make sure you do your research. For us the passport was a big thing and we probably waited a little too long to get it done. It's a huge ordeal, both parents have to be there, yadda yadda. Even if you don't need a passport, check out your resort. Do they have children's activities? Should you bring food for your baby? Planning ahead will get you far.

2) Have the necessary supplies.
If you're traveling with an infant, bring your baby carrier to the airport. I forgot our Baby Bjorn and had to hold BK through customs. Bad move. If your baby still takes a binky, or a special blanket, bring extras!

3) Keep your routine
Every day on vacation looked pretty similar for us, and I think the routine really kept BK centered. She knew what to expect even though she was in an unfamiliar place.

4) Have fun
So you might miss dinner reservations and end up at the buffet two nights in a row. So you don't feel comfortable using the resorts sitter service and the wildest your nights get are drinks on the patio with your husband. You're still on vacation, so make the most of it!

Hope you're enjoying your vacation Kelly, maybe you'll come back with a fabulous souvenir *sibling* for Tinley! Be sure to come by and say!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover