Friday, May 3, 2013

Guest Post: Melissa; After We Tied The Knott

I hope y'all are having a great week, I know I sure am! I have another fabulous guest blogger for you to enjoy, but first, I want to wish my step-dad, Jeff, also known as "Jeffy" a very Happy Birthday! I love you! 










And now, everyone meet Melissa from After We Tied The Knott (don't you just love her play on words?!) She was my first sponsor, and I just love reading all her recipe tips and seeing her gorgeous little girl, Kylie! Go check out her entire blog!



Hey everyone! I am Melissa Knott from After We Tied The Knott; a lifestyle blog geared towards DIY (failures), wanna be chefs, newlyweds and newly-moms. I am a working mommy who adores her baby girl and is madly in love with her best friend and husband, Tyler. When we're not at baseball, volleyball, softball, or basketball, I  like to read, cook, clean, take photos, and pretend to know how to do DIY projects. If you think my hands are full, you should see my heart!

217255_810908970321_1138086_n_zpsff6918cb photo 217255_810908970321_1138086_n_zpsff6918cb.jpg

It would be an understatement to say I am jealous of Kelly for being on a trip somewhere warm and sunny alone with her man. Soak up some sun for me too, Kelly!!

Because I don't get to travel like Mrs. Lucky Duck Kelly, today I will simply reminisce about the best trip of my life.

It was a business trip. Crazy, right?!

I was in San Antonio for a business trip for a whole week.... I left on Sunday and didn't expect to get back till Friday. I asked Tyler to come stay with me the weekend before about 183,012,012 times but every time he said he couldn't.

The whole week, everyone (including my colleague and the customer) was talking about this hockey game that WE were going to on Wednesday night. I was invited and VERY excited to go because I had never been to a hockey game!

We intended to go to the game straight from work on Wednesday, but Joe (my friend and colleague) said we had to go to the hotel and pick up our customers before the game so we could all carpool. This was great because I was staying in that same hotel and wanted to change in to more casual clothes before the game.

While I was waiting in line at the front desk for a package I was expecting to receive, I looked over and saw Tyler!? In San Antonio. In my hotel. Standing in front of me. I got teary and hugged him tight because I missed him SOOOOOO much (we had been doing the whole long distance thing at this point...). He hugged me back and we sat down for happy hour with a few people at the hotel for some drinks and conversation (of which I remember nothing about because I was awe struck after seeing him in Texas).

They told me that they gave away my ticket, assuming I would want to go to dinner with my boyfriend rather than a hockey game with come customers/colleagues. They had known since MONDAY that he was coming out to visit me and had been texting back and forth the whole week without my knowledge. Shortly after happy hour, we left for Ruth's Chris (the most DELICIOUS steak house ever). We enjoyed a great meal of steak and scallops before heading back to the hotel.


Us at dinner the night he proposed
Sitting in the room together, I said "Wow. I am in San Antonio with my boyfriend... I think I am the happiest girl in the world". He responded with "And I am in San Antonio with my girlfriend. Hopefully someday wife..."

He turned to look at me, got down on one knee, and said "Melissa, will you marry me?".

This is the one he proposed with...

Until we got this one

An instant whirlwind of emotion. I would have answered the first time, but I was crying. So he asked again, I said YES!

I do have to say, it is an amazing thing to look at your hand, that symbol of love, and see your new life growing... while in the background hearing your FIANCE saying "She said YES!!!"

11-3-2010

After the proposal, we had a beautiful wedding, found out we were pregnant, and now have a beautiful little girl who we are so very proud of. This trip signified the first day of the rest of my life with a man I love and a family we were just beginning. That, my friends, was the best trip of my life.

You can see more details about our wedding and the festivities here.

 Have a safe trip, Kelly!!! Thanks for letting me take over your lovely little space!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover