Monday, January 27, 2014

Oh Toodles! Tinley is 2!

This past Saturday, we celebrated Tinley's 2nd Birthday with a Minnie Mouse themed party. Now normally, I HATE themed character parties. But, I suppose I'm going to have to get over that being a mommy, because I foresee lot's of cheesy parties in my future... and I'm okay with that. As long as the kiddos are happy, that's all that matters!

I mentioned before how behind I was in the planning department with this party. Normally, I'm on top of things, but life lately has just seemed extra chaotic with the holidays, prepping for baby boy, Justin being out of town for work, etc... Add in a cake disaster, favors falling thru (after I paid for them--that's a whole different story!), a blizzard, and Tinley not feeling 100%, and things seemed as if they couldn't get any worse! But, of course, everything came together and we had a wonderful day. All of our family and friends braved the weather to come celebrate our baby girl. She sure is lucky and loved!

I was a little slack about taking pictures, even though I feel like I took a ton! Anyway, here's a look at Tinley's 2nd Birthday...

I ordered her invites off of Etsy since my girlfriend that normally does everything for us recently had a baby boy. I was pleased with how they turned out, and I even was able to find super cute matching address labels!
 
 
Adorable cookies made by the one and only, Wendy Kromer
 
Favor bags and ears for the kids. My girlfriend made the ears, aren't they perfect?!
 




Tinley's 1st Birthday party wasn't exactly kid friendly, so this year, I went with all of her favorites: Mickey Mouse chicken nuggets, Mickey Mouse cheese, Minnie Bow-Bites, Pink La-Minnie-Ade, and a Hot Diggity Dog Bar. (Excuse the lack of food pictures!)
 

I was trying to get a picture of her in her birthday dress. Easier said than done!
 
All the kids played so well together!
 
She really enjoyed singing Happy Birthday! She's been singing it for days...
 
Blowing out her candle!
 
The best family picture we managed to get...
 
Sharing her rock candy!
 
I don't think Gray was sharing his rock candy with anyone...

Fishing with Mamaw
 
My mom

Justin and his mom
 
Mom and MIL

Opening gifts
 
Tea party time with Mamaw
 
Our course, we couldn't resist! We're missing a few of our girls!
 
Jamy and I with our baby boys-- BFF's already :o)

Tinley and GiGi
 
Sleepy girl after her party.... notice the stickers all over her face! I'd say fun was had by all!
 
 
Perhaps it's time to start planning her 3rd Birthday Party... I hope everyone had as good of a weekend as we did. Happy Monday!
 
 
 
 
 


6 comments:

  1. OH MY GOODNESS! the cuteness! i tell ya. i can't believe she is 2! looks like yall had a wonderful party and celebration! xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute party, I love the invites & you don't look like you missed any details!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job, mama!!!! Love every little detail!

    wordsaboutwaverly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. you did such a great job! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my goodness! this is so cute. it's kind of like being able to look six months ahead at my little gals 2nd birthday…and from the looks of it, they change SO much between 1 and 2!! my word. i can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This party is precious! My little lady LOVES mickey & minnie mouse and I'm thinking of this as a theme for her party and you gave me so many great ideas!!!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover