Monday, April 21, 2014

Easter Egg Fun + An Announcement

Dyeing Easter eggs was an annual Easter tradition for both Justin and I as kids, and we just couldn't wait to introduce it to Tinley. We told her all through dinner one night last week that we had something fun planned for afterwards, but if she really grasped the concept of coloring eggs- I'm not sure.
 
Nevertheless, she enjoyed it, and was very proud of the end result. She even wanted to do more when we were all finished!
 
 
Ready mommy!


Observing Daddy
 

 
Getting a little assistance
 

 
Okay, I got this
 
Which color next?
 
Deep concentration...
 
Blowing them dry
 
So proud!
 


 
As many of you know, we have been struggling with choosing a name for our little man who will be making his debut into the world in just a few short weeks.
 
It was so easy with Tinley; we fell in love with her name after hearing it on The Bachelor (no judging!), and from the minute we found out we were having a girl, we knew that was her name. Her middle name was easy too. My best friend growing up was named Nicole; she was really more like a sister to me. I've always loved that name, and I thought it really flowed well with Tinley. So, we have our little Tinley Nicole. And her name is just as perfect as she is.
 
But this time wasn't as easy. We went back and fourth with several names before we finally settled on two finalists. I liked one better than the other and Justin vice-versa. Of course, right? We had the middle name picked out; a family name on Justin's side of the family. And to make it harder, it fit well with both of our names. Go figure.
 
So, go back to the night we colored eggs. Justin had 1 last Easter egg to dye. He marked on it and placed it in blue dye. He wouldn't tell me what it said. When he pulled it out of the dye, he had it facing Tinley. For some reason, I was expecting her to blurt out what it said. I mean, come on, she is advanced, you know? But, she didn't. She just smiled, like she did after every other one came out. Then he turned it around so I could read it. 'Crew.' My choice. Or I guess I should say our choice.
 


Yay! Baby boy finally has a name! Our sweet Crew Michael will be here before we know it.


And, to make it officially official, the Easter Bunny brought me this fabulous new diaper bag! I love the way it matches his nursery, and it's plenty big enough for all of his stuff, plus some of sissy's. Isn't my hubby, I mean the Easter Bunny, the best?!


 
 
 

 

5 comments:

  1. Awww, how sweet of him--love the name!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that name!!!!! Yay for baby Crew!

    wordsaboutwaverly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very unique and sweet name! We had trouble picking out a name for this 3rd baby (our first girl, due 5/15)...but finally landed on one. I knew a Tinley growing up, it is a very cute name for such a cute little girl. Found your blog via a comment on A. Liz! When is your due date?

    www.styleoyster.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww what a sweet reveal. Names can be so hard sometimes! We had a boy name ready to go, so naturally Aria turned out to be a little girl. =)

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover