Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Easter Best



Want to join the link up? We'd love to have you! Follow Kelly, Megan, and  Lindsay, and link up your post!
 
 
On Saturday, we got T (and Baby!) all dressed up to go and visit the Easter bunny. The past two years she has had no fear. Curiosity maybe, but no fear. She's like that with Santa too. She just looks up at him and stares. Okay, granted, the first year, she was only a few months old, so she wasn't technically awake, but I still had no doubts that she would love Mr. EB.
 
                         
 
She talked about seeing him all morning, and it was even the first thing she said when she woke up from her nap. "Go see Easter Bunny." This only reassured me that she would hop right up next to him and flash a big cheesy grin at the camera. I couldn't wait for the cutest bunny picture ever.

The whole way to the mall, and even while standing in line, she was excited. And then, it was our turn. And she wanted nothing to do with him. She wouldn't even go near him. "TT no like Easter Bunny!" I could've forced her to sit up there with him and gotten a really funny picture of her bawling hysterically, but I didn't want to torture my poor kid. After all, I need a picture next year with her and her brother! So, instead I said, okay, let's go home.
 
Of course, she now likes the Easter Bunny since he brought her all kinds of gifts. "Are you going to take a picture with him next year since you know he's nice and brings you presents?" I asked her. "Ugh huh," she said in her cute little voice. I guess time will only tell.
 
 
 
 
At least she looked adorable, thanks to Mamaw. Her outfit is from Gymboree. She actually got the adorable Espadrille shoes that match the dress too, but they were too big, so we settled for her gold Mary-Janes. And, she is really into the headband. She insisted on wearing in Sunday afternoon while playing outside. When did she get so big?!
 
 
 
 
I was so excited for T to wear her Easter dress on Sunday! I knew it was supposed to be warm, but I couldn't have imagined how nice it would actually be! This was the first year she didn't have to wear tights, and we could both wear open-toed shows! Hooray!
 
My mom ordered her dress from Lolly Wolly Doodle and of course, had her name put on it. She also found a the perfect matching hair bow.
 
 
If you think it's cute in pictures, it's even cuter in person! Because it was so warm, I just put a dressy white tee from Baby Gap underneath and completed the look with her Saltwater Sandals. Cutest little bunny ever. I only wish we had another excuse to wear it again! Maybe next Easter when we go see the bunny...



 
  I hope you all had a wonderful Easter with your families!
 
 



 

4 comments:

  1. Parker did the exact same thing!!! We got all the way to the front of the line and he would not go near the EB. It must be this age!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are definitely right Julie, I have had so many of my friends tell me the exact same story! Maybe things will go better next year! :o)

      Delete
  2. So cute in her dress!!!! Easter bunnies are terrifying. Aria was cool with the bunny but not the photographer. Always something =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, you're so right Courtney, it's always something! Hey, baby steps, right?! LOL!

      Delete

Pin It button on image hover